Discoloration Defense is a layerable, daily-use dark spot corrector clinically proven to reduce the appearance of key types of skin discoloration in all skin tones, including hard-to-treat forms such as stubborn brown patches and post-acne marks. Formulated with 3% tranexamic acid, 1% kojic acid, 5% niacinamide, and 5% HEPES, this latest-generation formula improves the appearance of skin discoloration, brightens skin, and evens skin tone in as early as 2 weeks.
- Features a synergistic blend of anti-discoloration ingredients to reduce the appearance of skin discoloration, improve brightness, and minimize the recurrence of discoloration (with continued use)
- 60% average improvement in the appearance of stubborn brown patches1
- 34% average reduction in post-blemish marks in deeper skin tones2
- Paraben-, fragrance-, silicone-, gluten-, and hydroquinone-free
- Ideal at-home complement to professional skin discoloration treatments, such as chemical peels or non-ablative laser; always consult with a physician for individual regimen recommendations
In a 12-week clinical study, Discoloration Defense significantly improved the appearance of key skin discoloration markers:
- 60% average improvement in the appearance of stubborn brown patches
- 59% average improvement in the appearance of skin discoloration
- 81% average improvement in the appearance of post-acne marks
- 59% average improvement in the appearance of even skin tone
In a new 12-week study on deeper skin tones (Fitzpatrick V-VI), twice-daily application of Discoloration Defense demonstrated a statistically-significant reduction in the appearance of discoloration, post-inflammatory discoloration, and even skin tone.
- 34% reduction in post-blemish marks at 12 weeks
How To Use
- Twice daily, apply 3-5 drops of this skin discoloration serum to the face.
- If using in the morning, apply after a SkinCeuticals vitamin C serum and follow with a SkinCeuticals broad spectrum SPF 50+ sunscreen.
- Limit sun exposure while using this product.
- Do not use on irritated or broken skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
Science & Proof
Everyday elements—including UV exposure, prescription drugs, and some professional treatments—can trigger production of melanin in the skin’s lowest epidermal layers. This excess melanin rises to the surface of the skin, causing visible skin discoloration. Discoloration can manifest in a range of ways, including post-acne marks and stubborn brown patches on the cheekbones, forehead, and upper lip.
Discoloration Defense is the latest-generation dark spot corrector, using a combination of potent and proven anti-discoloration ingredients—including new tranexamic acid—to address key types of skin discoloration.
3% Tranexamic Acid
This synthetically-derived ingredient minimizes the recurrence of skin discoloration and stubborn brown patches with continued use.
1% Kojic Acid
Naturally produced by certain fungi, kojic acid helps improve skin brightness.
Also known as vitamin B3, this water-soluble vitamin is found naturally in yeast, meat, fish, milk, eggs, green vegetables, beans, and cereal grains. It has been shown to help reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
This synthetically-derived acid activates natural enzymes in skin to help break the bonds that bind dead skin cells to the surface for even exfoliation.
855061 5 - ALCOHOL DENAT., AQUA/ WATER, METHYLPROPANEDIOL, GLYCOLIC ACID, DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE, OCTADECENEDIOIC ACID, SALICYLIC ACID, HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, D43561/3.
Please be aware that ingredient lists for the products of this brand are updated regularly. Please refer to the ingredient list on your product package for the most up to date list of ingredients to ensure it is suitable to your personal use.